The International Cooperation Central Coordination Office/PUC-Rio
is proud to announce the second edition of the Brazilian Seminars.
OPPORTUNITY: combine the BRAZILIAN SEMINARS with 20h of survival Portuguese.
The Brazilian Seminars developed by PUC-Rio is an international summer school which provides students, young scholars and international administrators with the opportunity to deepen their knowledge about Brazil.
It’s an interdisciplinary program meant to give a broad perspective of Brazilian issues which are currently in the global scenario.
A 48h program of lectures and off-class activities that offers a panorama on Brazil’s different aspects, ranging from politics to environmental issues, from culture to public health.
40h of lectures on the following themes:
- Brazilian Culture
- Race Relations in Braziland the Formation of the Brazilian People
- Brazilian Politics, Brazil, BRICS and International Relations
- Media and Democracy
- Crime and Punishment in Brazil
- The Brazilian Agenda of Economic Development
- Health System in Brazil
- Education Policies and Challenges
- Public Policies for Social Inclusion
- Environmental Issues/Renewable Energy
- Oil industry-Brazil in the Global Market
- Urban Planning, Mobility and Integration
- Doing Business in Brazil
- Brazilian Seminars course dates: July 13–28, 2017
- Portuguese language intensive course: July 10-13, 2017
- Applications open: December 5th
- Early Bird application deadline: March 31st, 2017
- Application deadline: May 31st, 2017
- Course duration: 48h
- Contact hours: 40h (of lectures on different themes)
- Company visits & excursions: 8h
- Program tuition: US$1,600
- Program tuition for participants of partner institutions or EARLY BIRD : US$1,450.
Availability for housing/Brazilian Homestay is limited and is on a first come, first served basis.
Students or professionals interested in learning more about Brazil.
The course offers a critical overview of contemporary Brazil in its history, cultural, institutional, economic & political aspects.
After the successful participation of the program, participants have the possibility to earn 3 university credits and a certificate of attendance.
Why is there so much buzz about almost everything that happens in this diverse and complex country?
Broaden your knowledge while having fun socializing with people from around the world, enjoying a vibrant urban lifestyle, and discovering the natural beauty of Rio.WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU!
For further practical information, procedures for enrollment, and special conditions for participants from partner institutions, please, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.